Monday, February 27, 2012

The future of online education

Education has been on my mind for the past several weeks. Not my education but that of my children. I recently opened education accounts for my children with the hope of offsetting some of the burgeoning expenses of an education. With the cost of higher education rising faster than my income I can see doors closing unless I take action. With the costs of traditional schools soaring online education will play a pivotal role in making a college education affordable.

I have seen several things over the last year that I take as good signs. Several prestigious schools including Harvard and MIT have posted free course offerings and while there are no credits offered for these free classes I think that they help to spread online education.

There are several sites that are dedicated to helping students succeed as they search for different options to further their education. It was one of these sites that inspired me to place my recent thoughts here.

I'm excited to see where online education goes from here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I saw a comment on my mother in laws blog about a lost ipod found on ksl for Chloe Seare. That's my daughter. Can you please let me know how you found it, and how I can locate it? I can't believe it was turned in! kristenhseare@hotmail.com Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete